Apple "far"


After a « clafoutis » let's prepare a « far »… hum, so original :p But this time, it's for a sweet recipe! I almost followed Laura's recipe to the letter. You may know Laura thanks to her bread recipe that I have already tried.


I stumbled upon her apple far recipe by going through her blog. The recipe pleased me as soon as I saw it because 1. At home, we like this kind of « melting in the mouth » dessert, 2. The recipe seemed to be extremely easy and 3. Because of the season, I had a few apples at home! – perfect :D


To top it all off, I really enjoyed the slightly acid taste from the apples, the melting texture situated between « clafoutis » and « far », and so quick to prepare, great :)

Here are the few ingredients that you will need:
  • 4 small apples
  • 60g flour
  • 50g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 250ml milk
  • A bit of vanilla sugar (optional)

Into a salad bowl, start by whisking flour and sugar and stir in the eggs one by one. Add the milk to the dough and mix.


Dice the apples or slice them (I did both, so they wouldn’t get jealous ;) and put them into two small casserole dishes. Pour the mixture on top of it and sprinkle some vanilla sugar if you want.


COOKING

Bake for 40 minutes at 200°C. Be careful, the cooking time will depend on the size of your moulds! The 4 small portions of Laura have been baked in 30 minutes for example.


TIPS AND TRICKS

I advise you to take acid apples if you like them. I chose « Ingrid Marie » apples this time, I don't know if we can find some of those in France? The slightly acid taste is delicious!


Little bonus: easy to take out from the cooking container without adding fat :)

SERVING SUGGESTION

Eat it well cool after some time in the fridge, yummy, it’s so good! Others could appreciate it slightly warm, I let you choose your way ;)

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment