My first raw buckwheat porridge – with Swedish strawberries!

Good evening everybody :)

I’m back in my adopted country. And of course, the first thing I did was to spend some time in my kitchen ;)


I took the opportunity of my stay in France to fill (too much) my luggage with good products and I could even find some buckwheat hulls (organic grocery). Hélène, who I’ve already presented to you in my “Smooth avocado chocolate cream” recipe article, motivated me to try a raw buckwheat porridge.


Porridge, I just knew it by its name and buckwheat through galettes. So this recipe really made me curious. And moreover being able to easily change tastes, textures and colors from a single recipe is really something I like in cooking. And in that case, I can definitely say that I’m going to make myself happy!


In addition to having fun with this recipe and delighting my taste buds, I get a bunch of vitamins and minerals at the same time. So it’s decided, we won’t deprive ourselves! Moreover, this time I’ve added some delicious Swedish strawberries which are full of flavors thanks to the long sun time they get in summer here. That means good antioxidants which are going to help you to get rid of free radicals from your organism!

For my first try, I wanted to realize a rather simple recipe. Here is how I did it:
  • 50g buckwheat hulls (no grilled)
  • 15g almonds
  • 1 tsp flaxseeds
  • 3 prunes
  • 2 tbs milk (from cow for me, but you’ll find vegetal milk in Hélène’s :)
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 4-5 liquid vanilla drops
  • A small pinch of salt
To accompany
  • Some strawberries (as much as you wish!)

The day before, soak buckwheat hulls and almonds together into a lot of water.

The same day, rinse them well with clear water in order to remove mucilage produced by buckwheat.


Then pour all the ingredients (prunes drained!) into your blender and blend until you get the texture you want.



TIPS AND TRICKS

As I had zero level in porridge experience, I didn’t know what kind of texture I should have expected. I think we could make it more liquid by adding some milk at the end.

Why not adding some strawberries before blending too? I’ll try next time!

SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Well, I really liked it :p


I needed a cup of health after my delicious French food overdose and I haven’t been disappointed!


Lemon, prunes and strawberries really go well together. I used too few flaxseeds so I couldn’t feel their taste but I will put more of it next time!

Please, excuse me for the quality of
photos from my phone!

A huge thanks to Hélène for this nice discovery! I advise you to take a look at the different versions she made on her blog, like this one for example: cherry-chocolate!

Meanwhile, I’m thinking about my next compositions (Chocolate & … :), any ideas?

See you very soon!

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment