Parnisp “French fries” Dexter's lunch

Mood music

I’m a huge fan of the TV series Dexter! Even if the last season wasn’t really a good one, the first one (and the 4th ^^), will stay in my mind forever! And what a feeling after seeing for the first time the opening sequence… those scenarists are so good, they manage to make us see everyday life things on a completely different way. I’m impressed, I admire :)


Anyway, I’m looking forward to the next season which has already started in US. For the occasion, Cooking Mumu made a great mise-en-scene which made me wanted to play with this theme too (while I’m waiting for the last episode being broadcast!!).


Today, I made you a quick lunch with a fried egg (as in the opening sequence), barbecue sauce and parsnip chips (not as in the opening sequence but I wanted to try it for a while and it fitted good with the all meal :p).


For a plate in Dexter’s way:

For the parsnip “French fries”
  • 2 middle sized parsnips
  • 1 tbs peanut oil (or olive oil)
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 pinch a chili powder (it’s strong so I let you decide the quantity :D)
  • Salt
For the barbecue sauce
For the fried egg
  • I let you manage that ^^
Clean, peel and cut in long regular shapes the parsnips.

If pieces are not regular, the cook won’t be homogenous (which I find is actually better because there’s going to be some super crusty parts :p – so finally, don’t make regular pieces ^^ Anyway, I’m not sure that Dexter makes regular pieces of his victim’s bodies!).



In a salad bowl, mix oil and spices and add the parsnip pieces to it. Carefully mix for having pieces well coated by the spiced oil.


COOKING

Put in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 200°C and turn the parsnip fries upside down at the half cooking time.


Prepare the barbecue sauce the day before and the fried egg 5 minutes before the end of the parsnip fries cooking time.


SERVING SUGGESTIONS

When parsnip fries are ready, (generously ♥) sprinkle with salt and eat while it’s warm!


And don’t forget to play with the sauce! We’re here for that, aren’t we?



Rose.

2 comments: