Banana cake


Let’s start the week with a great sweet thing: banana cake!

The first time I made this recipe it was 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was because I had 2 bananas which were going to rot. But now, I make this cake for another reason: it is awesome :D


After having added some chocolate chunks or some redcurrant jam to it, it’s a classic version I present you today. There is a purpose behind it: I’m preparing a little surprise with this cake ;) But shh!, I won’t tell you more for now :p


Presented like this it doesn’t seem really good, but I can tell you that even if I’m not super crazy about this fruit, I really liked this cake. It’s smooth and associated with some redcurrant jam, it’s just perfect!

Let’s go for the recipe:
    • 55g soft butter
    • 60g brown sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 160g flour
    • 30g maïzena
    • 1 tbs baking powder
    • 2 tbs milk
    • 1 banana (or 2, as I did the first time)
    • 65g chocolate in chunks or some jam that you like (optional).

      Start by mixing the soft butter with the sugar.


      Add the two eggs to the batter. You will get a slightly bubbly mixture but that won’t really be homogeneous, it’s normal!


      Into a bowl, mix the flour, the maïzena and the baking powder. Then blend the dry mixture into the wet one. 


      Mix the dough with two tablespoonful of milk.


      Mash the banana into another bowl and mix it with the dough. And then the texture will become perfect!



      Finally, add the chocolate chunks at this moment if you want to and mix.

      COOKING

      Bake the cake for 40 minutes in your oven preheated to 180°C. Let cool down onto a wire rack.


      If you choose to add some jam to your cake, I would advise you to do it after the first 10 minutes of cooking time: one teaspoonful on top of it and put it back into the oven!

      TIPS AND TRICKS

      So, I had tried every possible shape with this dessert ^^: muffins, cake (rectangle shape) or a classic round cake pan as I did this time.

      I have a soft spot for the redcurrant muffins. With a cup of herbal tea, awesome!


      For the chocolate chunks version, I think it’s a good idea to serve a plain cool yogurt to accompany the cake.


      And for the classic version… surprise! I’m going to tell you soon!

      Thanks to Séverine for her recipe :)

      Rose.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment