My smoked salmon croqu’!


As promised, I’m back with a salty dish! This recipe is very special to me because it’s one of the first that I remember to make regularly. You know, when you were a student with little money :p This recipe is not only cheap but also really easy and quick to prepare. A few calories unfortunately but it’s so tasty :p


I present to you a « Smoked salmon croqu’ » version but I also prepare this dish with some cooked ham. And I have to admit it, from my omnivorous memories, I think that the ham version is a bit better (but just a bit :p)


Here is the recipe for 1 croqu’:
  • 2 sliced white breads
  • 2 portions of “Vache qui rit” (or another fresh cheese like phildelphia, that I used this time for example)
  • 1 slice of smoked salmon (or cooked ham)
  • A half onion
  • 1 small tbs of crème fraiche
  • A bit of cheese grater (just grated Gouda this time)
  • Pepper (optional)

If you want a croqu’ with some onion, start by slicing it thinly and then brown it onto a medium heat for a few minutes.
 Then, spread the fresh cheese onto the two slices of white bread.


Add the smoked salmon slice (or the ham one) and if you want the onions, and close your sandwich.


Into a container, mix a small tablespoonful of crème fraiche with a bit of grated cheese. Spread this mixture on top of the croqu’ and pepper it if you want to.


Ham & onion version

COOKING

Put your croqu’ on an oven plate and cook at 180°C until you get a beautiful brown color. Because I’m not patient enough and because my oven can’t grill, mine were rather pale ^^


TIPS AND TRICKS

Something that I really like with this recipe is that we can easily vary it. If you want the dish “richer”, add a slice of smoked salmon (or ham) and spread a bit more of crème fraiche & grated cheese onto your croqu’.

You can also add some spices that you like: thyme, curry, paprika, etc.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Serve as soon as it’s cooked!


For sure that’s going to be a good green fresh salad as a side dish for me, with a bit of lemon juice. But others could appreciate some French fries with some ketchup ;)


To eat when you’re really hungry!

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment