Blackberry & chocolate brownie [vegan]


A chocolate brownie is always good, a vegan one is even better! I’ve found this recipe, once again, on the blog of my dear friend, the Vegetarian Valkyrie



A slightly change of the recipe though: I didn’t have any blackcurrant coulis but I wanted to keep the association which I found interesting. So I added some frozen blackberries to the batter. And here how you get one extra texture! 


For a 20 cm diameter round baking tin:
  • 150g dark chocolate
  • 100g apple sauce (sweet here)
  • 3 tbs margarine
  • 70g flour
  • 80g granulated sugar
  • 1 packet baking powder (11g)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • A dozen of frozen blackberries
In a sauce pan, melt chocolate and margarine on a low heat. Then add the apple sauce and the vanilla and mix thoroughly.

In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then, stir this mixture into the chocolate batter


Pour in a baking pin cover with parchment paper and put some blackberries on top. 


COOKING

Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C (don’t overcook it, the texture inside should stay fondant)..


SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Even if I’d say this cake is more a “fondant” after a complete cooling at room temperature, it is for sure a brownie after some time in the fridge!


By itself, with some blackberries aside or with some homemade redcurrant jam… each option is good!


TIPS AND TRICKS

Well, I think next time, I’ll have to try adding some chocolate chunks :)


Thank you Val’!

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment