Yoghurt apple cake


You know for sure this saying which says that the best things are often the simplest. Well, here is a dessert that perfectly illustrates it: yoghurt apple cake. Yoghurt cake, I think it’s the first thing I learned to cook with my mum. No way to fail this cake, you just need to know how to count to 3 ^^ and delicious, I made it twice in a week :D



Well, you know how it usually works, we use the yoghurt pot to measure the ingredients, but here in Sweden, yoghurt is sold by litre! No pot! So each time, I try to get by with a glass and I approximately measure and it’s always a success, you see how easy it is to make! But today, for you (and for me for the next times, I have to admit it :D), I used my scales to get quantities in grams, no need to approximate anymore ^^. So here are the ingredients:


    • 1 yoghurt (or 125g)
    • 1 ½ pot of sugar (or 180g – ouch I preferred to count by pots ^^)
    • 3 pots of flour (or 210g)
    • 1 packet of baking powder (or 11g)
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 or 3 apples

    Start by mixing yoghurt with sugar.


    Add the 2 first pots of flour in 4 times by well mixing between each addition. Add the first egg, mix well. Mix the last pot of flour with the baking powder, stir it in the batter in 2 times mixing well between each time. Add the last egg and mix well again.



    So, as you have noticed, we must always “mix well”; this is because I’m sure that makes this cake so smooth, so good :D

    Peel, dice the apples and mix the pieces with the batter. Pour everything into your cake tin.



    COOKING

    Bake for 45 minutes in your oven preheated to 180°C. Check the cooking by sticking a knife in the middle of the cake: the point should get out clean.


    TIPS AND TRICKS

    Don’t hesitate to put a lot of apples in your cake! I only used 2 apples this time but a third one would have been a good idea :)


    You can of course switch the apples with a lot of other things; enjoy the good pears of the season for example and/or with some chocolate chunks ;)

    SERVING SUGGESTIONS

    I used to eat this yoghurt cake with a bit of yoghurt aside and soak some cake in it. Yummy!


    What about you, tell me how do you prepare/eat your yoghurt cake?

    Rose.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment