Nutella « French brioche »


As I told you yesterday (I'm so late with my translations, sorry!), I planned to prepare some “French brioche” (to be read French toast with brioche instead of bread) for the dinner dessert. And it was so good that I had to share the recipe with you!

In this article I present the Banana-Nutella version of yesterday evening. But even though the classic version is absolutely delicious, a lot of other combinations can be interesting ;)


For two persons, you will need:
  • 2 thick slices of brioche
  • 2 tbs of Nutella
  • 1 banana
  • A container full of milk
  • Some butter
  • Some sugar
  • Some whipped cream (homemade!)

    First soak the brioche slices in the milk container and let them in there for a few moments.


    This is a “simplified” French brioche because usually, after putting the brioche in the milk, we normally have to also dive them into beaten eggs. But I think it’s not necessary in this case because of the garnishing. 

    In the meantime, heat 2 frying pans with some butter and sugar. When the butter has melted:
    • In the smaller frying pan, put some thick slices of banana and sprinkle with some sugar. Turn the pieces over as soon as the first side is browned.
    • In the bigger frying pan, brown the brioche slices. Sprinkle them with some sugar and turn them gently over when the first side is browned.

    Melt the Nutella in the microwave oven for 30 seconds.

    Arrangement

    Place the brioche slices on warm plates. Roughly spread a tablespoonful of Nutella on them. Add some banana slices. Finally, you can add “a bit” of whipped cream. As a bonus, you can also take the caramel formed into the pan and pour it onto the whipped cream. And now, it’s like I’ve gained 2kg just by writing these last sentences ^^.

    To be served right away, while it’s still warm!


    TIPS AND TRICKS

    This is so good that I prepared another version this morning, lighter but still very tasty.

    Same steps as before but without the bananas. I cooked 2 handfuls of frozen raspberries into the microwave oven. After mixing it energetically, I poured this hot purée onto the brioche. So good!


    I hope I tempted you into trying some “French brioche”! I have only one slice left so if you have any garnishing ideas, I’m listening :D

    Rose.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment