100% handmade brioche!


Yes, still no food processor in my kitchen, so I make everything by hand! But I like it for now because I like to work dough. And I can tell you that with this recipe I won’t be disappointed ;)


It was the first time I tried to make a brioche! So much stress :p But thanks to my breadtrials (which I regularly make now) and especially with the pépitos, I become accustomed to working the dough. So I told myself that I should be able to make a brioche :)


We start with the ingredients:
  • 500g flour
  • 25cl milk
  • 1 egg (+1 yolk for the finish touch)
  • 20g yeast
  • 60g room temperature butter
  • 50g sugar
  • 2 tsp salt

First, mix the yeast with the slightly warmed milk.

Then sieve the flour into a salad bowl. Add salt and sugar to it and mix.


Add the egg and blend it to the dry mixture.


Then add half of the milk and mix well the dough. Add the last half of the milk and knead until the dough come off the bowl edges.


At this time I told myself: “But that will never come off!!” But after kneading for 15 minutes with the hand, I could really see that the dough has changed and that it was really less sticky.


So now add the soft butter cut into pieces and knead again. Don’t knead too long in order to not reheat the dough. After this step, the dough is still quite greasy but it seems ok :)


Let the dough rest for 1H at room temperature to make it swallow. After this resting time, reduce the dough by pressing it and keep it one night into your fridge.


The morning after, oh what, it swallowed again, even in my fridge!, make 3 dough rolls. Let them rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.


When the resting time is done, form 3 long shapes on a baking sheet and make a braid.


Let the braid rest 1H, 1H30 under a dishcloth.

The dough swallows again

Before putting it into the oven, mix a yolk with a bit of water and spread the top of the brioche with this mixture.


COOKING

Bake the brioche for 25-30 minutes into your oven preheated to 170°C.


Let it cool down a bit before pouncing on it :p

TIPS AND TRICKS


I found this brioche really good! But I would have it smoother (never happy :p)! Next time, I will maybe try to knead a bit less the dough before adding the butter. I will let you know!

SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Perfect for breakfast or brunch, fresh, grilled, natural, spread with some jam, butter, Nutella or anything else! With a good glass of milk, so yummy :)


You can also prepare a kind of French toast some days after baking the brioche. It was the first time I tried to make some French toasts with brioche and it was awesome. According to me, really much more tasty than the French toast classic recipe! Well I think I get my dessert for tonight :p

A big thanks to Julie for her recipe :)

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment