Once upon a time a “Vegan Valkyrie” who was fond of good food & Nordic countries, and a pseudo-Swedish girl (me right) curious about veg
Once upon a time a recipe which made them knows each other. Some polite talks, some clicks -mouth- and clacks -keyboard- and it was the beginning of a nice culinary friendship.
“Val’” is a strong fighter for animal, ecology and French language causes (don’t trust in her ‘Edith’ & Co :p). Each one of her recipes is a breath of air! Fresh, light, true, no way to read one of her articles without smiling (if not bursting out laughing – well right, you need to have the same type of humor :p). Anyway, we feel at home when we visit her blog :)
I had forgotten her first recipe that attracted me,
a THE Chocolate-banana cream. And I made it, by any chance, a few days
ago. Actually, ‘made 3 times in 10 days’ I should write! This shows you how
this recipe is super-easy to make-deliciously good!
- 2 bananas (organic ones please, otherwise Val’ won’t be happy – and she would be right)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100ml soya
cream (for a vegan version, otherwise
Val’ won’t be happy)
Or other choices:
- 80g crème fraiche 15% fat
- 80g crème fraiche 30% fat
- 100ml whipping cream 35% fat (cf. my further advices)
- Melt chocolate and crème fraiche / whipping cream together until everything is melted (or not actually, it’s good with some little pieces!) and mix well
- Blend bananas with lemon juice until you get a smooth texture (or not actually, it’s good with some little pieces!)
- Mix everything together (into the chocolate pan, less dishes to clean as Val’ could say ;)
- Pour into small glass pots, cups or others
- Keep it to the cold!
TIPS AND TRICKS
So as I told you, I have made this dessert 3 times in a short time, and 3 times with different types of cream:
- With 100ml whipping cream 35% fat: very good! Chocolate is not too strong and the texture of the cream dessert is rather liquid.
- With 80g crème fraiche 30% fat: very very good! A good chocolate taste and a rather thick texture, I love it!
- With 80g crème fraiche 15% fat: very very very very very good! Still this good chocolate taste and a perfect texture – as a creamy texture (^^)! I love it, I like it, I drool over it!
To eat well cool!
A bit of whipped cream on top of it, made with a cream whipper. But frankly, it’s just to make it nicer, this chocolate-banana cream is so good by itself!
To try as soon as possible! And have a look at Val’s blog [Be careful, full of cats and English mugs inside]!