Banana-chocolate fondant

I’m so tired at the end of this week! My two 3 hours Swedish courses have exhausted me. Besides, the weather is bad. That’s probably those little things which make me want to have some chocolate this afternoon :)


So I decided to try to cook some banana-chocolate muffins. But the thing is, I didn’t have any milk left in the fridge (and according to me, this ingredient is essential to cook muffins). And I didn’t feel like going out to buy some. I did some research and I stumbled upon Sucre d’Orge’s chocolate muffins recipe, without milk, perfect!


« Muffins? But wasn’t she talking about some ‘fondant’ at the beginning? » You read well and I didn’t make a mistake, but the consistency we get after the cooking looks more like a fondant one than a muffin one, so I changed the name ^^. Anyway this cake is still great :)

For about 10 fondants, you will need:

    • 100g dark chocolate
    • 80g butter
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 small teaspoon of baking powder
    • 40g flour
    • 1 banana

    You will quickly complete this recipe so you can start pre-heating the oven to 180°C right now.

    In a pan, melt the butter and the chocolate over low heat. Mix to get a smooth paste.


    Add the eggs one by one by, mixing each time.


    Finally, add the flour and the baking powder mixed together, and then mix the paste again.


    Cut the banana into small pieces and add them to the paste.


    Pour the paste to the 2/3 of the muffin pans.


    COOKING

    Put into the pre-heated oven for 15min.
    Then let cool down on a cooling rack.


    TIPS AND TRICKS

    You probably already noticed it, this recipe is sugar free! As for me, I just noticed it after tasting the cake ^^. Anyway, I like desserts when they aren’t too sweet so it really didn’t bother me. Quite the contrary, I believe it gives it a stronger taste of chocolate. But I’m not sure that everybody will like it this way. So you can possibly add just a bit of sugar to the paste.


    SERVING SUGGESTION

    Cold or warm; by itself, with some ice cream, some Crème Anglaise or some melted chocolate: all is good :D


    One big thanks to Sucre d’Orge and Célinefor their recipe!

    Rose.

    Version française disponible ici !

    No comments:

    Post a Comment