Coconut milk, curry and carrots clafoutis


I participate to “Un tour en cuisine” (in French) this month! I have already participated to it not long ago which gave me courage to prepare a “chinese”. Very good experience, so I didn’t hesitate to do it again :)

This time, fate makes me discover Anyana’s blog (in French) that contains a bunch of good recipes. So you can imagine how hard it was for me to choose just one recipe to try :p



Those “Tours en cuisine” give the opportunity to adventure oneself into recipes that we won’t have though about, I like that! In fact, those who know me could be surprised by today’s choice: garlic, onion and curry are stuffs that I usually stay far away from :p 


But this time, carrots, coconut and curry together have really tempted me. Nice try! That I’m going to share with you right now :)


For 6 small clafoutis (still in French ^^), you will need:
    • 350g carrots
    • 50g flour
    • 2 eggs
    • 20cl coconut milk
    • 1 clove of garlic
    • 1 onion (red one for me)
    • Olive oil
    • Curry powder
    • Salt
      An idea for the garnishment (for 2 people)
      • 125g rice
      • 20cl coconut milk
      • About 10 shrimps

      We start by precooking the vegetables:

      Thinly slice carrots and chop garlic & onion. Brown all those vegetables with some olive oil for a few minutes into a frying pan.


      Sprinkle with a bit of curry, mix and cook under a dish top for about 10 minutes.

      In the meantime, let’s prepare the liquid mixture:

      Mix flour and eggs together and stir in coconut milk. Then add the vegetables (remember to keep some into the frying pan for the sauce if you want), some salt (don’t forget it!) and mix. The mixture will take a beautiful “curry” color, yummy!

      Finally spread the mixture into muffin tins.



      COOKING

      Bake for 30 minutes at 200°C and admire those beautiful swallow clafoutis (but that will quickly go down ;)


      SERVING SUGGESTION

      I served those small clafoutis with a bit of rice and a sauce that is quick to prepare

      Cook rice 10 minutes before the end of the clafoutis’ cooking. In the frying pan used to cook the vegetables (and maybe with some left in it ;), add coconut milk, a bit of curry if needed and salt. Add shrimps at the very last just to reheat them, they won’t become chewy then.

      Then let’s prepare the plates!


      TIPS AND TRICKS

      Those clafoutis are also perfect reheated the day after, accompanied with a fresh green salad.
      I really advice you to try! Those flavors really go well together and the texture of the clafouti with its melting carrots make it hard to stop eating :p


      For the end of the “Tour en cuisine”, I keep a recipe from Anyana that really baffled me! So let’s meet up soon for the curious ones ;)

      See you very soon!

      Rose.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment