Julia’s Magic cake

On my previous topic, I explained you how I managed to cook some delicious smooth meringues (by chance, I confess).

Today, I want to share with you the “Julia’s Magic cake”‘s recipe. I just tried it and believe me, it’s really magic!



First of all, who is Julia? Julia is THE star of Food Reporter, a social network about food. I could say more about the awesome website/app Food Reporter is but that will be for an upcoming topic ;). Let’s focus on Julia who delights us with her beautiful pictures: always homemade meals with a perfect display. I really suggest you to take a peek at her profile. This is always a pleasure to discover her creations.
 
About 2 months ago, she shared with us her magic cake and it made me really curious! But now, there is no more mystery, I tried it and I’m completely charmed… My turn to share with you this recipe (slightly different from the original).

For about 7 muffin tins, you will need:

  • 60g of meringues
  • 1 slightly whisked egg
  • 75g of sugar
  • 25g of chocolate powder (half cocoa, half milk chocolate powder this time)
  • 50g of dark chocolate
  • 150g of butter (yes, there is always a trick with magic ;)


Melt chocolate and butter in a pan on a low heat. Let cool it down.


Next, add the egg, sugar and chocolate powder. Mix well until you get a smooth mix with no lumps.


Break meringues in about 1cm chunks and blend them into the mix.


Pour the mix into silicone tins (or classic tins with some cling-film on it) and tamp down the mix.


COOKING

This cake doesn’t need to be cooked! You just have to put the tins at least 6H into the fridge and turn the cake out of the tin before serving.


SERVING SUGGESTIONS

This cake is so tasty!! I would say that the texture is somewhere between a “chocolate fondant” and ice cream. Meringue chunks bring a slightly crunchy texture. You can of course eat this cake by itself, sliced for example, in order to show the middle of the cake:


Or with some ice cream:


You can also accompany it with a meringue which will evoke the crunchiness of the cake. Otherwise, you can let yourself be temped by some whipped cream (some more calories aren’t going to bother us at this point ;):



Whatever your choice will be, just one advice: eat the cake really cold!

TIPS AND TRICKS

I divided by two the quantity of the original recipe and I didn’t add some “Petit Lu” cookies. However I suggest you to try the original recipe which is supposed to produce a classic full sized cake. The cookies must add a new crunchy texture to the cake (still different from meringues).

I hope that this topic will encourage you to try this recipe because, believe me, you will die for this cake!!

Thank you sweet Julia!

Rose.

Version française disponible ici !

No comments:

Post a Comment