Blueberry pies



Coming back from the market on Möllevångstorget, here I am with a lot of fruits, including … blueberries! Here is a fruit that I wasn’t used to buy in France. On the other hand, I remember the big stalls of the market on the old port in Quebec, covered by those beautiful coloured fruits. There were also some other products using this fruit, like jam or pies. I wanted to cook those pies today probably because of this holiday memory.

With my about 250g of blueberries and some researches on Internet, here is how I cooked it:

You will need:

  • 75g of soft brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of flour
  • 2 tablespoons of butter to room temperature
  • 1,5 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 5 shortcrust pastry shells (recipe to come!) for little tarts


Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Clean the blueberries with water.
Mix the soft butter with the sugar and then with the flour. Add the blueberries and the lemon juice and mix again. Pour the mix into the pastry shells. In my case, I used frozen pastry shells (still frozen). It is always useful :)


COOKING

Cook the little tarts 50 minutes at 180°C.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS

This pie is good just by itself, slightly warm or well cold!
But you can add some sugar-free yoghourt in order to offset the pie which is very sweet. It will also bring some coolness if you eat the tart slightly warm. Here are some ideas to serve the pie:




TIPS AND TRICKS

This recipe was a first try for me. I found the result good but a bit too sweet, the dough had even caramelized! The advice I could give you would be to reduce quantity of sugar (50g or even less), same for the butter (but my 2 tablespoons were maybe too big ^^). However, I loved the lemon taste which goes really well with the blueberry! To do again :)

Rose.

Version française disponible ici ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment