Sunday evening “Crêpes” (or thin pancakes)!

Thanks to my private photographer for this one :)

 I use this topic to give a nod to a French blog I like a lot « Je suis une quiche encuisine… mais jme soigne !! ». That you could translate by "I suck at cooking ... but I'm getting better!!". I like this blog because it's fresh and spontaneous and also because there are always some good recipes that I want to try! If you visit this blog, you will find several topics on "Sunday evening chocolate cake", written by the owner of the blog. I say hello to her on the way!
 
At home, this is "Sunday evening crêpes" ! "Crepes" are thin pancakes that we usually eat for dessert at lunch or diner. This is a habit that we have been having for a while. It probably comes from the 5 summers I spent making crêpes on the seaside ;)

Here is my recipe for 2 persons who like a lot crêpes (that is about 20 crêpes):
    • 2 flour cups (that is 300g, I measure for this article ;)
    • a pinch of salt
    • 2 eggs
    • Some milk (or about 530 ml this time)
    • Some butter
    • 1 or 2 packets of vanilla sugar

      Start by mixing flour and salt, then make a well in the center of the mix. There, put the 2 eggs quickly mixed and blend all the ingredients.
      To get beautiful dough without lumps, you need to pour the milk little by little and to mix well the dough each time you add milk (especially at the beginning).
       


      When you get a homogeneous and smooth dough, you can add some melted butter if you want (I would say about 10g) and mix it to the dough. 

      Keep 1 hour in the fridge. 

      Add the vanilla sugar before cooking the crêpes.

      COOKING

      I use sunflower oil to cook my crêpes. It will take about 20-25 min to cook this quantity of dough.

      SERVING SUGGESTION

      Everything is good with crêpes! I really like them with some homemade jam. But a banana-Nutella crêpe is also good ;)


      Let's cook!

      Rose.

      Version française disponible ici !

      No comments:

      Post a Comment