Spinach & Ricotta pie


As you may have noticed, I like desserts!! But because there is not only sweet food in life, I wanted to present you a salty dish: a Spinach & Ricotta pie for this occasion. Actually, I just wanted to cook a pie to try a new recipe: a yoghurt crust pastry coming from “Cathytutu ” ‘s blog ;). You can also find the explanations of this recipe here.

Almost every time I prepare a pie, I take a peek on some recipes on Internet, a quick look into the fridge, a pinch of ad-libbing and let’s go!


  • 250g spinach
  • 1 box of Ricotta
  • 2 eggs (there are 3 on the picture but I used only 2)
  • 1 tablespoon of cream
  • 2 tomatoes
  • Salt, pepper
  • Thyme
  • 1 yoghurt crust pastry

Start by preheating the oven to 180°C.
Then cook spinach and remove as much water as you can. In my case, I use small silicone container which can go to the microwave oven: it saves time and makes less dishes to clean :)
Mix in a bowl: Ricotta, cream, spinach and eggs. Add salt and pepper.




Roll out the pastry and spread some thyme on it.

Put the spinach mix on the pastry. On top of the pie, add slices of 2 tomatoes and spread some thyme again.

COOKING

Put in the oven for about 45 minutes.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS


I suggest you to eat this pie as soon as you take it out of the oven and serve with fresh salad!

TIPS AND TRICKS

Don’t forget to put enough salt in the mix, I always get tricked with spinach!
Rose.

Version française disponible ici !
English version available here! Version française disponible ici !

No comments:

Post a Comment