Yesterday evening, I was having diner alone at home while my man was having his first Swedish course. One bread roll left, 2 or 3 ingredients already opened in the fridge. No need to think twice, it will be a sandwich for me tonight! What I didn’t expect was that this sandwich would be awesome :D!
So I hurry to share this recipe with you. For this simple recipe, you will need:
- 1 bread roll
- 2 or 3 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 tomato
- Some capers
- A few sprouts of baby spinach
- Some goat cheese-tomato Philadephia (or a classic cream cheese)
- Some mustard
What is good in Swedish grocery stores is the diversity of bread rolls that you can find there. So choose a bread roll that you like (with cereal in my case, hard to tell you which kinds, I didn’t understand everything ^^). Cut the bread into 3 slices if it’s high enough, in 2 slices otherwise.
Toast the bread slices.
Cut the tomato in slices.
For one “level”:
- Spread some Philadelphia on the lower part of the bread
- Add a few sprouts of baby spinach
- Put 1 or 1 ½ slices of smoked salmon depending on the room left
- Same for the tomato: 1 or 1 ½ slices depending on the room left
- Sprinkle some capers
- Spread some mustard on the top part of the bread
Do the same for the other level and here you go, your club sandwich is ready!
TIPS AND TRICKS
I devoured this sandwich! It was crunchy thanks to the bread and its sesame seeds, melting thanks to the salmon, creamy with the cream cheese, in a word, it was delicious! However, the salmon and the capers make the sandwich very salty! I love it but it could be too much for some people.
You can serve the sandwich with a spinach salad and the slices of tomato left. Some French fries could be fine also ;)
You can slice the sandwich into 2 pieces for a nicer presentation. It will also be easier to eat it that way ^^.
And don’t forget to send me your pictures if you try this recipe!