Good cream desserts for Mrs.!


In my search for the perfect chocolate cream dessert for my man (check the previous article if you have missed it!), I stumbled upon the perfect chocolate cream dessert for me :) So delicious, nothing has to be changed. I can’t stop eating them when I made them, that is the only drawback :D It’s completely the opposite of the previous recipe: a strong chocolate taste and such a light texture in your mouth. This cream dessert is not only great for tastes buds, it’s also a gift for your hips! No eggs and just a little bit of sugar in this recipe.


But what is the secret then? Agar-agar! This product which comes from red algae is treasure for me. I actually already used it for the Pim’s recipe, do you remember?
It pretty well replaces gelatin (beurk) and also jellifies more strongly. To make it jellifies, you just need to heat it over 90°C (you don’t need any thermometer, you just boil it and for sure it’s going to work!), and you make it cools down under 40°C (into the fridge to harden it!).



So it’s a big pleasure for me to present to you the recipe that Sophie wrote on her blog:
  • 500ml milk
  • 4 tbs of bitter cacao powder
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 40g dark chocolate
  • 1g agar-agar powder (or generally a half packet)

Start by heating milk, cacao powder and sugar together into a pan to mix well the cacao. Then sprinkle the agar-agar powder, mix well and bring it to boil for 2 minutes.



Add the pieces of chocolate to the warm milk and mix until melting them. You can cut smaller pieces from the dark chocolate to make them melting faster.


Pour into jars, let unhurriedly cool down to room temperature and keep aside in the fridge to let the cream dessert getting thicker!



SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Those small cream desserts are perfect by themselves, no need to add anything to it!


This recipe is really important for me because I think it’s a really good representation of a healthy, easy, quick and delicious cuisine. I really encourage you to try it and to tell me what you have thought about it!

Huge thanks to Sophie for her share!


Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment