Marinated salmon steak

Hi everybody,

Today I present to you a recipe of marinated salmon. Salmon and I - it’s a big love story! Since I stopped eating meat, I have learned to appreciate a lot of products from the sea and salmon, either smoked, marinated or in any other presentation, it is still the best for me, especially when it’s well seasoned!


The advantage of a marinade according to me is to well flavor the fish but it also makes it tender and then really less sensitive to the cooking. This is a very easy recipe I will show you, there is just a few ingredients, some resting time and then it’s just the oven which works (or almost :p).


For one plate, prepare:
  • One salmon steak
  • Juice from a half lemon
  • 1 tbs of soy sauce
  • Sesame seeds
Ideas for the garnish
  • 45g basmati rice
  • 1 carrot
  • 3 heads of broccoli

In a hermetic container, prepare a marinade with the lemon juice and the soy sauce. Put the salmon in it, sprinkle with a few sesame seeds and let it rest at least 2H in the fridge. You can mix it in the mean-time if you want.


Here you are, it’s already done, just have to cook it now :p

Just before putting it in the oven, spray with some olive oil an oven dish and put the marinated salmon on it. Pour some marinade on it (not all of it, keep some for the vegetables) and add some more sesame seeds if you want.


COOKING

Preheat the oven to 180°C and cook the steaks for about 20 minutes.


During the cooking, you can prepare the vegetables you have chosen: carrots & broccolis steamed into microwave oven and basmati rice for me. 

SERVING SUGGESTIONS

On a warm plate (reheated 1 minute in the microwave oven), put the salmon steak, the rice and the vegetables. Pour the marinade left onto the warm garnish, put a bit of wasabi on the plate if you have some and serve straight away!


Here is a healthy, tasty, warm and quick to prepare dish. Perfect for those busy days of this end of year ;) (Sorry, I’m so so late with my translations but I will get better for this new year!)

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment