Crawfish & sun vegetable cake


I almost never cook salty cakes. It doesn’t come often to my mind, certainly because Mister is not really fond of that kind of courses. But this time, I had some cheese to use and I thought it could be a pleasant change!


So, when Mister complimented me (and moreover without asking, because I usually always try to get some feedback with a “so, is it good?” :p), I told myself that I had to write an article about it so you could enjoy it too!

Some good fresh grilled vegetables, a few cherry tomatoes, some small crawfishes ready to serve and you get a delicious Crawfish & sun vegetable cake.


How does that work? Here is the recipe!

    • 150g flour
    • 3 eggs
    • 130g milk
    • 30g rapeseed oil
    • 160g grated cheese (Edam for me)
    • 1 packet of baking powder (11g)
    • 1 zucchini
    • ½ - ¼ yellow pepper (just a few right, I don’t really like it :p)
    • About 15 cherry tomatoes
    • A big handful of crawfishes
    • Salt, pepper, paprika

    Let’s start with vegetables. They will unhurriedly grill while we will prepare the cake. To do that, dice zucchini and sweet pepper and brown them into a warm, oiled, frying pan.



    Don’t forget to mix from time to time while we prepare the liquid mixture:

    Into a salad bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Add the eggs one by one. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.


    Mix this mixture with milk and oil. Then add 110g of cheese (just grated, yummmm!) and the grilled vegetables, mix. Add the crawfishes and about 10 cherry tomatoes, mix.


    Pour this mixture into a cake pan (lined if needed!). Spread the 50g grated cheese and cherry tomatoes kept aside on top of it.

    COOKING

    Bake for 50 minutes (depending on your oven) at 180°C and let cool down on a wire rack before removing the cake from the pan.


    SERVING SUGGESTIONS

    Even if I checked the cooking with a knife point, the cake wasn’t so cooked. A small mistake transformed to a success because we finally really liked the texture!


    Nothing to say about the taste, perfect! Even if there was a sweet pepper taste – inevitably ^^, I really enjoyed it ;)

    To eat warm, slightly warm, cold (you can reheat it in a microwave oven, it’s good!) and to accompany with a fresh green salad seasoned with a dressing made of balsamic vinegar for example!


    I think I will make more and more salty cakes now! Could you tell about me some of your favorite ingredients for a cake? I’m listening!

    Rose.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment